Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, Buncombe County (the Greater Asheville area) is considered a major tourist destination and a wonderful place to work and raise a family. Asheville has a vibrant night life
with a wide variety of shops and restaurants. Nicknamed, "The Land of the Sky," Asheville is noted for its inviting climate and sheer natural beauty. Thousands of acres of national park land are swept with color in the fall. Winters sparkle with snow-capped mountains. Some of the attractions and recreational activities include:
Biltmore Estate and Winery, Thomas Wolfe Memorial, North Carolina Arboretum, Blue Ridge Parkway, WNC Nature Center, Asheville Community Theatre, art galleries, snow skiing, and professional baseball.
About Buncombe County Schools
- • Nationally and regionally recognized academic performance
- • Innovative and challenging environment for educators
- • Strong support for beginning teachers
- • Comprehensive professional development opportunities
- • Local colleges for those seeking advanced degrees
- • Local supplement in addition to state base salary
- • Variety of fringe benefits
BCS constantly hires qualified candidates for support positions in the following categories: teacher assistants, system and school level secretarial and technological services, child nutrition, bus driver, custodial and other district level maintenance categories.
View our current job postings
or click on one of the links to the left for more information.