Parent Information/Resources
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction

Website for Parent Handbook of Rights
Parent Support and Information
First Parent Center
PBIS Tiered Interventions 
The Autism Society Toolkits 

NC Policies Governing Services for Children with Disabilities

Policies Governing Services for Children with Disabilities

2014 Revisions

2008 Guiding Practices


Guiding Practices for Early Childhool Transition 2012

Guiding Practices For Early Childhood Transition in North Carolina

Guiding Practices for Early Childhood Transition - FAQs

Indicator 12 - FAQs


The Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs Help Line and E-mail Address:

1-800-737-3028 /

The CYSHCN Help Line provides resources, support and assistance to individuals who have concerns or questions about a child and/or youth with special health care needs. The Help Line provides:

·        Information and services available under government and community programs.

·        Resources to help pay for medications, medical equipment/supplies, adaptive devices, visits to the doctor, utilities or food.

·        How to find health care and dental providers.

·        How and where to apply for disability income for a child.

·        How to find services when relocating to and within NC.

·        Information about health care transitions for children and youth with special health care needs.

To learn more:

The General Assembly approved legislation (HB 269) for the establishment of scholarships for students with a disability attending private school. The application for these scholarships can be found at
Buncombe County Schools is in the process of reviewing its website to ensure compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.