Create a SchoolMessenger Contact Manager Account
Already have an account? Log in here!
HOW IT WORKS
It is up to you how you'll receive notifications from Buncombe County Schools:
A) Calls to your home phone or cell,
B) Text Messaging,
C) or emails.
BEFORE YOU START
First, be sure to have your child’s student ID number. This is the same number used for cafeteria meal accounts and on report cards. You’ll also need a valid email address. Do not start this process unless you can access your email account and have a phone number on file at your child’s school.
1) SIGNING UP
After clicking SIGN UP you will need to enter a valid email address, password, and your name. When you are finished, click Sign Up. (Remember to write down your password and keep it in a safe place.)
- 2) EMAIL VERIFICATION
- Next, you'll need to verify your email address. In another browser window, check your email for a message from SchoolMessenger. Follow the instructions for completing your account registration using the link inside the email. After following the verification link, you will again be prompted for your password and an Activation Token code found inside the email. Enter this information and click to continue logging in.
Your account has now been created.
You should now see a page titled "Getting Started". Select “Click Here to Begin.” You will be asked to select between two choices regarding an "Activation Code." Choose “I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone” and then click the Next button.
3) ADD STUDENTS TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Now you are ready to add students to your account. Input the student ID number for each child. If you do not know your child's ID number, you must contact your school. You will be taken to a page that gives you a numerical Phone Activation Code. Write this code down!
- 4) PHONE ACTIVATION
- The final phone activation step is a safety measure, similar to activating a credit card.
- To activate your Contact Manager account, you must call from a phone number currently on file for your child. From a phone number on file, CALL (877) 548-5811, follow the voice activated prompts and input the Phone Activation Code from step 3.
- 5) EDITING YOUR CONTACT DETAILS
- You are almost done! When you have finished adding children to your account and completed the phone activation, then you will be ready to edit your contact details. Log in to your account, and choose the “Contacts Tab.” The next page will list your contacts. Under the Actions column, click “Edit.”
- If you would like to add phone numbers and/or email addresses, do so now. Then simply check which types of messages you would like to receive or not, and at which phone number or email address. Note that you can also select “SMS” (text message) options, (provider charges may apply).
- Make sure that you click Save when you finish making changes!
Instructions in SPANISH
Instructions in RUSSIAN
Instructions in MOLDOVAN